Monday, September 26, 2011

Still on the easel


Since there was Staff Development (I guess I'm developed enough!) today, I got the day off!! Wahoo!
I got up early and took care of the few chores I had and went to the studio around 10:00. I have been working on this low country picture for about 5 weeks but I've only gotten to paint on it about 4 times in fits and spurts. I actually think I made some progress today. I want to finish so I can charge forward to some other beach scene, or something new. I really like the way I got the man's shirt - got to work on his hand though!! I tend to want to paint every blade of grass! I took off my glasses and used a larger brush and painted areas instead of obsessing. Hope it helped. I'll get some critique tomorrow night.
Thanks for looking at my blog. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment