Sunday, September 11, 2011

09/11/11 Just the beginning of my Outer Banks painting

This is the first time in almost a week that I've been to the studio. I'm working on a painting of the outer banks. This is a detailed painting and is going to take me a LONG time to complete. It is not like I have the chance to paint every day so I really try to get a lot done while I'm there. I want this to emote the feeling of relaxation and joy that this couple feels after a day on the outer banks and how much they'll enjoy their dinner of wine and clams and oysters.
The grasses are challenging me right now, but I'm sure I'll figure it out and not have to paint every blade! (which is what I always want to do) It might be a palette knife opportunity!!
Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Carol, I can't wait to see what you do with this painting....looks like it will be an interesting one.....love the sky. I hope you get to work on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Great to see Muffit and meet you at Warrenton and get to see your lovely paintings!

    ReplyDelete