Thursday, October 22, 2009

10/22/09

This is my picture that I'm almost finished with for the Virtual Paint Out. This month's location happens to be Northern Ireland. I really like this one - very peaceful. Still have a few little touches to add before I sign it. This one will be for sale at the Lakewood Home Tour Market and if it doesn't sell there it will be shown at our Cedars Open Studio Tour.
I'm going to have to change Grant's background -- it is too green! Put this in on Tuesday night and with all the rain - it never dried so I'm still waiting to work on it. Grant Schirpik is one of the artists in Studio Art and Soul. Besides being extremely good looking, he is supremely talented. This photograph doesn't do the painting justice and nothing beats the real thing! This original picture was taken on an Alaskan fishing trip with Grant's dad and cousin. We were lucky enough to be the recipients of some of Grant' yummy homemade salmon spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment