Saturday, April 25, 2009

04/25/09

Painted this portrait of my dear friend Brian Hall last year. He was one of the three climbers that perished on Mt. Hood in Oregon almost two years ago.  It took me a long time before I could even paint this picture because I missed him so much.  You can't see someone two to three times a week for ten years and then not miss them!  He was a fabulous trainer, supportive friend and just an all round marvelous person who touched so many lives that I can't even imagine! I was just one of many that loved Brian. Once painted, I didn't want to let it go, but as with Brian, he wasn't destined to be in my life forever. I sent it home to the ones that, I'm sure, missed him most.
    I didn't hear back from his parents until this week because they have been helping his sister, Angela, who lives in Boise, Idaho. She is having a difficult time with the loss of her big brother.  The package sat OUTSIDE (blizzard,snow and rain) for almost 4 months and Brian's mom said she thought "someone" was watching over my precious gift.  She said they cried when they opened it and smile whenever they see it in their bedroom.  I'm so glad and proud that she could see that I put a lot of my heart into the painting and that it pleased them as much as it has.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that they just got this painting...I remember when you painted it, framed it, packed it up and sent it off. I am so glad that you know where your painting is now, and it is appreciated by Brian's family.

    ReplyDelete