Saturday, September 4, 2010

09/04/10 Carolina pines

I painted the background last weekend and took out my palette knife and some impasto and just had a blast! These trees are in my nephew, Dr. Michael McNally's, back yard in Greenville, North Carolina. I had admired how Suzy had painted her aspens and Kay did her colorful trees so I attempted this almost completely with my palette knife. Similar but very different from both of theirs. Great afternoon of painting.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. Have a great Labor Day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Carol, this painting has really taken off. You really worked hard today. I saw it when the tree trunk and sky were painting...now that the leaves and greenery are in it really works. Looks great. If it was done with a palette knife, I am sure that it has lots of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this painting!! I think the size is perfect for the subject matter - I love it!

    ReplyDelete