Monday, April 12, 2010

4/12/10 On my Easel

I actually began this painting last Tuesday - the background. Started on the oysters today and I have a lot of work to do tomorrow but this is a good start. I wanted to make sure the colors went well with the background. I think I will be forced to add some of the pinkish and bluer tones before it is all over. I want to make sure to make it very loose. I'm thinking this might be a good entry for our upcoming show at The Wine Therapist in Lakewood on May 1st.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I like this already - can't wait to see the finished painting. The blue-green and tan colors in the background are really working well as a backdrop for the oysters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I agree with Claire! Can't wait to see the finished painting. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete