Thursday, March 18, 2010

3/18/10 Little Boy Blue,Sharon and Georgia

This little fellow is my neighbor's grandson. The picture she gave me was sepia so I had no clue as to his coloring except he had blonde hair and blue eyes. This was kind of an experiment but even though I love it , I don't think she will so I'll probably do another in color for her. It was very good for me to stretch myself and play with monochromatic colors. I worked on him most of the day and feel pleased with the results. Very soft, yet striking.
Thank you for looking at my blog.
Had the studio all to myself ALL day. My fellow painters went to Fort Worth to the Kimball Art Museum and never came back to paint.
I got Sharon finished and even hung her on the wall. It was fun but a little solitary down there all day.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, Great job... and so fast. I love what you did. Very creative. You've inspired to do a monochromatic painting myself.

    We missed you while we were away from the studio.

    ReplyDelete