Friday, November 27, 2009

11/27/09

This little fellow was one of my first attempts at oils and I still love him. We stopped on the way home from a Salado workshop with Carol Marine. We originally wanted pictures of the wierd cows (they look like pigs!) but they just kept getting farther away. This darling burrow came right up to me and, much to the horror of my friends, he let me pet him. He was so tame and stood just where I needed him to so I could capture him on my digital camera. I decided then that he would be my first oil painting! He has a special place in my heart for that very reason.
Can't wait to return to the studio to begin painting again after the long Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks for looking at my blog. There will be more coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am more than impressed that you accomplished this with your very first oil painting! It has so much charm, and lovely shadows and light.

    ReplyDelete