Wednesday, October 19, 2011

11/19/11 The Colonel for Gracie Leudecke

This is "The Colonel," and she, yes SHE, belongs to a little girl at the school where I sub. She has begged me for 8 weeks to paint one of her chickens and I had a really good day at the studio and finished the whole thing. Gracie told me that she told the Colonel that I was going to paint her and the Colonel was very excited! They have several with unusual names : Chicken Nugget, Dark Meat and Honey!!
This is my first hen and it was a lot of fun. I used a combination of palette knife and brush with lots of thick paint! It will take forever to dry - that is ok because by then Gracie might have forgotten about it OR she will be mad because she thinks I FORGOT! I 'm telling her mom , a teacher at school, about it and I'll bring it to her when it is dry.
Thanks for hanging in there with me through this job. I am on a real painting tear now so there should be lots to see soon.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your name and art on someone else's blog roll and had to visit. I am Carol Morgan Carmichael. One of my son's just graduated from SMU a year ago. Loved visiting your lovely area. Miss it.
    Great job on the Colonel. Nice, juicy paint application. Sure Gracie will love it. Best of luck Carol!

    ReplyDelete