Thursday, August 26, 2010

08/26/10 On the easel

Worked hard on this pair of cute racers. This picture was taken in July at the 2 hot 2 run race at White Rock . I was sweating like a pig but couldn't resist this father and son duo because they were simply adorable. This little guy still had his training wheels on and his helmet was tilted and he had the most determined look on his face. His dad is smiling and encouraging him the whole way. This must have been the 5 K race. I got the underpainting and background and most of the little boy but will go back either tomorrow or this weekend and work on Dad and the bridge. I hope to show these at The Wine Therapist in September and then ask at Run On (a running store) if I could display these for their runners in case someone would want to have their run immortalized. If I had ever run a race I would definitely want it immortalized!! (obviously I'm not a runner)
I will attempt to continue my blogging but there might be a few days in between now. I have taken a sub job for a couple weeks and it is usually quite wearing on my energy. This time there will not be homework and lesson plans so I might be able to paint for a few hours after work. We'll see. Anyway, thank you for taking your time to look at my blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment