Sunday, July 19, 2009

07/19/09


I went to the studio today (Sunday) and accomplished SO much on my latest painting,"Fence Shadow." This is another of Terry Porter's marvelous photos! I am so lucky to have her find all the beautiful paintings I just LOVE to paint.

I painted this on an 8x24 gallery wrap canvas because it just seemed to fit my idea of what I wanted to capture. I noticed when I put this picture up that I still need to go back and dull down some of the highlights on the fence. Other than minor adjustments, I really like it. Especially since I've always said I didn't want to paint one of those typical "bluebonnet paintings " that EVERY artist paints. Mine has a small twist that makes it much more appealing to me!

This painting is also for sale. If you are interested, please contact me at my e-mail provided on my profile. Thank you for viewing my painting. Please feel free to make any comments (nice ones will be appreciated).

2 comments:

  1. Carol, I think the highlights on the fence are good. I like them as they are. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete