Saturday, December 18, 2010

12/18/10 Brian Hall

This as you all, or at least many, know is a second portrait of Brian Hall, my trainer who perished on Mt. Hood a little over 4 years ago. I did this one for his little sister Angela. Brian's parents moved to Idaho to be closer to Angela, who was still having trouble with the loss of her beloved big brother. I didn't feel that this portrait was quite complete so I went through some clippings and found one of Bri's favorite sayings : the Apache Blessing
May the Sun
bring you new energy by day.
May the Moon
softly restore you by night.
May the Rain
wash away your worries.
May the Breeze
blow new strength into your being.
May you walk gently through the world
and know its beauty all the days of your life.
When I came up with the idea to include this on his portrait I just KNEW it was what Angela needed to read from her brother. Now it is finished. I also wrote the blessing all around the sides of the painting. I will let it dry and seal it and hopefully get it in the mail soon - not in time to make it for Christmas probably but soon.
Thank you for viewing my blog and reading my ramblings.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I really like the text you did over this portrait. It seems especially 'right' for this person and for the person who will live on with the painting. Good for you!
    Best,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete