Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Worked a bit on this magnolia yesterday. I can't work too much at once because it all looks alike after a while. Every one said white flowers were the hardest. They were right. I must say I have been learning a lot from Donna Page about warm and cool colors and direct and reflected light. Hope it pays off!

We have lost one of our painting partners. Belinda Aber-Haddock has decided to leave us because she and her husband have built a HUGE house near Austin and even though they still have business up here they live too far away for Belinda to commute that far.

The good news is that we have invited Michael Terstreip (I know I spelled it wrong) to come into the studio. He is a really nice young man that lives in the Lakewood area with his wife and two kids. He has been painting with us for the last month and besides being very talented, he is a pleasure to have around.

1 comment:

  1. I do love this composition, and I think you have a future rendering the up-close-and-personal lives of flowers. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete